Manhattan, the Universe, and Everything

A single Manhattanite's diary of her life in The City, plus various odd commentary. plain_jane_jones1@yahoo.com

Saturday, October 28, 2006

10 More Questions - Halloween edition

1) Name female Halloween costumes that don't involve something "sexy". Just go to Ricky's, where they sell 10,000 varietals of Sexy-in-a-bag costumes but no normal costumes for the girls who don't want to catch hypothermia or parade around the street looking like Jodie Foster's character in Taxi Driver.

2) Clever Male costumes I think we'll see this year? I think we may see a few stingray-Steve Irwin pairings. Bad taste, but smarter than dressing up as genitals.

3) Megu has bidets. That's not really related to Halloween, but have you ever been to a restaurant with bidets in the restrooms? A tad scary.

4) Costumes you think should be retired permanently? PSA to men dressed up as "Maverick" from Top Gun: Dressing up as any character that The Fruitiest Actor in Hollywood played will NOT get you laid, especially if it's a character from a movie that could easily be considered the most homoerotic film produced by a major studio (aside from that "western" with Jack and Anus...err...Ennis, of course).

5) Sexy Male Costumes? Why don't men feel the need to dress up sexy? I saw a few men dressed as babies (clad only in diapers), but I feel it's more for the shock value.

6) Is Halloween more fun for kids or adults? Kids traipse around the neighborhood in mass-produced costumes-out-of-a-bag asking strangers for candy. Adults traipse around Murray Hill in mass-produced costumes-out-of-a-bag looking for sex and drugs. As a child, you feel sorry for the Token Fat Kid who misguidedly dresses up as a pumpkin. As an adult, you feel sorry for the girl dressed up as a Sexy Something-or-Other who runs into her boss, who is with his wife and en route to the Met.

7) Scariest Movie or T.V. Show You Have Ever Seen? Movie - The Omen. I first saw this in 7th grade and had to sleep in my parents' bed for a week. TV Show - Sex and the City. There is nothing more bone-chilling than the possibility of being a single mid-30s female incapable of having any sort of functional relationship with the opposite sex, and still prowling the nightclub scene like a college co-ed except with wrinkles and desperation.

8) Anyone else counting the days 'til Spring? It's already balls cold out, New York, which scares the crap out of me. I know we don't have 15 inches of snow on the ground like Colorado, but I've already begin donning my thick shearling gloves, Mackage coat and fur hat to work, and turning the heat on when I sleep. At least the chilly weather (if it holds) will be good for the runners of the New York Marathon. Which brings me to...

9) Anyone running the New York Marathon? I know this has nothing to do with Halloween, but I had to ask, if only to give proper respect to my dear mother who, at the age of 59, is one of the lucky 35,000.

10) Can USC Salvage The Season? After Saturday's debacle in Corvallis, I can easily see the Trojans losing out. The silver lining is that hopefully, obsessed haters will find something better to do with their time than produce videos like the below. Find a better team to obsess about.

7 Comments:

At October 31, 2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

USC SUCKS!!!

 
At October 31, 2006 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think there is something wrong with sexy costumes? My friend wants us to go as Victoria's Secret angels, which means I'll be wearing basically underwear and wings. I'm having second thoughts. Any advice?

 
At October 31, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Plain Jane Jones said...

I don't think there's a darn thing wrong with sexy costumes. In fact, I was a Vic's Secret Angel one year (wore only underwear, wings, and high heels) so I feel qualified to give you advice.

If you're having second thoughts, just down half a handle of Dr. McGillicuddy's. Worked for me.

 
At October 31, 2006 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. I once went to a halloween party dressed as Joel Goodsen and found myself drowning in ladies.

 
At October 31, 2006 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually the media, not the fans, that can't leave USC alone. It all started last year when they wouldn't shut up about USC's team being one of the best of all time. They do the same for ND and Brady Quinn. I think all three blow ass this year and am tired of hearing about them. Ohio State is hands down the best time out there. The title is theirs to lose. Someone may get lucky, but I doubt it.

Maybe I'm a little lost, but I thought the whole point of halloween for women was to unleash their inner whoredom. I simply don't see the problem with that.

As for men not dressing sexy on halloween, I think my Matthew Lesko costume fit that description. It was good enough to bag one in a short skirt with fake jubblies.

 
At October 31, 2006 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous,

I went to law school with a girl that dressed as a victoria secret angel to our halloween party. I see nothing wrong with it. Go halloween!

 
At October 31, 2006 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I went to law school with a girl that dressed as a victoria secret angel to our halloween party. I see nothing wrong with it. Go halloween!"

What quality of girls are there in law school? I'm thinking that a costume like this could be either the most amazing thing ever, or a horrible visual experience, depending on what the girl looked like. I just can't imagine law school girls being all that hot, and if they are, I can't imagine what all that studying does to their ability to hit the gym regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home